Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2959
SWOT Analysis of Wikipedia with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Media and Entertainment
The Free Encyclopedia
Free and open knowledge source which can be edited
Internet users probing for knowledge using online platform
Positioned as a knowledge resource which provides free knowledge and allows content editing
1. Available in various different languages
2. International presence
3. Can be edited by experts or any concerned knowledgeable individual
4. Integrated offerings like Wikitionary, Wikibooks, Wikiversity etc.
5. Displays source of the content available on Wikipedia which enables user to verify and judge the reliability of content 6. Over 20 millions articles have been contributed by 100,000 contributors having a reach of over 350 million people
1. Wikipedia has had issues like duplication and authenticity of content
1. Integration with various information resources to increase detailed content
2. Expand moderator’s community to supervise content
3. Provide opportunities to users to edit information which can be made more accurate
1. Possibility of misleading content uploaded by some sources
2. Competitive information and knowledge providing portals
3. Standard modes of obtaining detailed information i.e. magazines, TV, newspapers etc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wikipedia. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.