Destination America SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 544
SWOT Analysis of Destination America with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Digital cable and satellite television channel
Programming focusing on the culture of the United States.
TV digital cable and satellite channel
Urban households in the US
Channel for everyone which takes the viewer to the journey of American lifestyle and culture
1. An assortment of different shows on lifestyle, American culture and travel, wrestling 2. Connection in over 50+ million cable and satellite home 3. Deal with TNA Wrestling to broadcast wrestling shows
4. Widely available high definition version of the channel
5. Strong backing of parent brand boosts its presence
6. The network launched again as Planet Green, which focused on environmentalism and sustainable living
1. Channel to be restrained mostly in US
2. Intense competition from other channels as well as online portals means limited market share
1. Program reruns of Discovery Channel’s classic shows
2. More significant online presence can boost image
3. Expansion of services to other countries interested in watching American programs can boost global business
1. High Customer switching rate 2. Multiple channels available 3. Limited viewership outside US
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Destination America. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.