Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2470
SWOT Analysis of Economist with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Economist Group
“A Political, Literary and General Newspaper ”
It is one of UK’s leading weekly magazine
Students, corporates and academicians
Students, corporates and academicians in the UK and other parts of the world
A weekly magazine that provides global news
1. It is one of the most popular weekly news magazines in the UK. 2. The magazine was founded in 1843 which makes it one of the oldest magazines in the world. 3. The magazine boasts of a weekly circulation of more than 1.5 million copies. 4. The plain and conversational tone of the magazine has always been appreciated.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
1. The brand still needs to make itself big in certain parts of the world like the Middle East and Asia.
1. By building powerful distribution networks in countries outside UK, the circulation of the magazine can be increased. 2. The magazine’s audio editions and applications on various platforms have the potential to attract a lot of young customers.
3. Although the focus of the magazine is on world news, politics and business, the magazine also covers areas such as technology, science, books and arts, thus widening its potential readership.
1. With the telecasting of global news channels such as BBC and CNN worldwide, the need for a global news magazine is declining. 2. There are some very popular international brands in the global market that command a lot of brand loyalty. 3. The internet which is a cheaper source of information is proving to be stiff competition to print media.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.