Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 1451
SWOT Analysis of Filmfare with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
“India’s No 1 Entertainment Magazine”
India’s most popular and most respected fortnightly film magzine
Film and Bollywood buffs
Bollywood buffs, mostly living in urban India and also abroad
It positions itself as India’s foremost magazine for Bollywood and film news
1. It is the most popular and respected film magazine in India. 2. The magazine boasts of a circulation of over 1.4 lakh copies. 3. The Filmafare awards that are hosted by the magazine are the most respected and popular film awards in India. 4. The magazine is published by the Times Group which is the biggest media conglomerate in India.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
1. The appeal of the magazine is limited to Bollywood enthusiasts. 2. The magazine is not as popular in small towns and rural areas as it is in the big cities.
1. The magazine has unrivalled access to most of the famous Bollywood personalities. 2. The magazine can try to increase its already existing international viewership.
3. By releasing the magazine is regional languages, the magazine can increase its popularity in all the small towns and rural areas of India.
1. Several TV shows have dedicated shows that offer similar content of Bollywood news and reviews. 2. Several social media platforms like Twitter have become potent sources of information for Bollywood and film news and are also more popular with the youth. 3. The market in which the magazine operates is crowded and competitive.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.