Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 1386
SWOT Analysis of NewsWeek with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Newsweek Daily Beast Company
“The Magazine of New Significance”
It is one of the most popular weekly news magazines in USA and internationally
People belonging to middle class and upper middle class
Students and corporates from middle class and upper middle class
A magazine that offers a comprehensive coverage of world events
1. It is the second most circulated news weekly in USA. 2. It boasts of a circulation of more than 5 million copies worldwide. 3. The magazine is also the second largest magazine in the USA in terms of ad revenue. 4. The magazine has 4 English language editions and 12 global editions written in local languages.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
1. The local distribution networks of the global editions are not as strong as those of the local magazines.
1. The magazine has a good network of global bureaus, reporters and editors which it can leverage upon. 2. It is one of the few magazines that offer coverage of world events; hence it has a good chance of widening its potential readership.
3. The magazine must make good use of the social media and virtual space if it wants to attract young readers.
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive space alongside some big brand names. 2. Similar content is available on TV and internet at a cheaper cost, thus posing competition. 3. The brand loyalty enjoyed by the magazine is weaker in comparison to its competitors.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.