Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2079
SWOT Analysis of Readers Digest with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Reader’s Digest Association
Life Well Shared
It is one of the very few internationally popular family magazines
Families belonging to middle class and upper middle class in USA and other parts of the world
It is general interest magazine that caters to the entire family
1. For several years, Reader’s Digest was the best-selling consumer magazine in USA. 2. The magazine has 50 editions in 21 languages and is circulated in 70 countries worldwide. 3. The small size of the magazine makes it very readable. 4. It is one of the very few magazines that feature stories that are similar to fiction.
1. The magazine faces competition not only from the other magazines but also from pulp fiction. 2. Magazine sales have been severely affected due to more penetration of internet
1. The local editions of the magazine also have well developed distribution network, which the magazine must make optimum use of. 2. The magazine has a vast legacy of 90 years, which it can take advantage of.
3. The magazine covers a wide variety of topics through its articles and stories and thus caters to a broader base of readers.
1. Due to the availability of a lot of reading material and e-books on the internet, the popularity of Reader’s Digest is declining. 2. Regional language magazines are proving to be a threat to the local editions. 3. As the magazine is considered to be a leisure magazine it faces a threat from the increasing number of leisure options being available today.
1.Better Homes and Gardens 2.Family Circle 3.Good Housekeeping
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.