Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2818
SWOT Analysis of News Corp with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
News Corp created as holding company for News Limited
Media and Entertainment
Sports and entertainment around the world; Creating and distributing top quality news; Creating and distributing top quality news, sports and entertainment around the world
Diversified international media and entertainment company which helps it cope with a downturn in any particular business
Users of cable network programming, filmed entertainment, television, direct broadcast satellite television and publishing
High and Medium section of the pyramid, Investors
Creating and distributing top-quality news, sports and entertainment around the world.
1.Third largest media giant (after Disney and Time Warner) with large number of profitable subsidiaries
2. As a top company in the Entertainment industry, News Corp. specialize in Broadcasting, Publishing, Media and the Internet producing films, television, Cable and Satellite Television, Magazines, Newspapers and Books
3. Consistent revenue and profit growth
4. Strong library content and over 50,000 workforce
5. Operating worldwide with employee base of 51,000 as of 2011
6. Operating in eight segments which include Television, entertainment, Cable TV, programming, newspaper, books, publishing etc.
7. Has numerous peripheral holding such as sports team
8. World's second-largest media group as of 2011 in terms of revenue
1. Involved in different scandals which negatively affect company’s image
2. Decline in sales of publishing industry reduces sales of News Corporation
3. Free downloading of movies has reduced the purchasing odf DVD’s.
4. Lack of succession plan
1.Alternative media outlets
2. Acquisition of Dow jones
3. Increasing Newspaper and Broadcasting market growth
4. Growth of HDTV market
5. Free to air Mobile DTV with “up sell” opportunities
6. Multi-year sports rights agreements
7. Gaming is huge market particularly online gaming
1. Increasing use of Digital Video Recorder (DVRs) is posing threat to marketers
2. Growth of online video and alternative media
3. Economic slowdown
4. Corporate Rivalry
5. Online piracy
6. A failure to pursue economic models that stray from ‘direct pay’
7. Rising popularity of Digital Video Recorder has potential to reduce advertising revenues which would negatively impact financial performance of News Corporation
8. Involvement in scandal leading to closure of News of the World newspaper due to allegations of phone hackings
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to News Corp. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.