Penguin Books India SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2093
SWOT Analysis of Penguin Books India with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Penguin Books India
Printing & Publishing
Media and Entertainment
Quality low cost books
Publishes every segment of the literary books apart from core education
Strong fiction and narrative nonfiction group
A brand that publishes for all kind of readers
1. Largest English language trade publisher in the sub-continent with over 250 new titles every year and has an active backlist of 3000 titles 2. It publishes in different languages and has a strong online presence of any Indian publisher 3. Penguin India has the highest recall value among readers and booklovers in India 4. Its authors won virtually every major literary prize; including Nobel prize, the Magsaysay award, the Jnanpith award etc.
5. Widely available across cities owing to strong distribution
1. Lack of presence in the educational book market 2.Limited global penetration compared to other leading players
1. Leveraging its strong distribution network to become an exclusive distribution partner to other leading publishers 2.strategic alliances and M&As with other publications to increase the customer base 3.Encouraging first time writers since India has an emerging market for new writers
1. Strong competition from other regional book publishers 2.Changes in interest of readers from Indian authors’ books to foreign authors’ books 3.Best authors moving to other publications for publishing their next book
1.Rupa publications 2. National Book trust 3.Hoy faith publications
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Penguin Books India. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.