Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 5551
SWOT Analysis of Virgin Media with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
NTL and Telewest
television, internet, mobile phone and fixed-line telephone services
Media and broadcasting
Watch it, surf it, talk it, walk it
First "quadruple-play" media company in the United Kingdom, offering television, internet, mobile phone and fixed-line telephone services
Segmenting based on different sources of broadcasting
Fixed line, television users, internet users
A popular high quality media and broadcasting company
1. All of the company's consumer services were rebranded under the Virgin Media name
2. Cable infrastructure brings many benefits to owners, because the expense of establishing cable infrastructure to customers provides a natural barrier to entry against competitors.
3. It also allows many additional services such as phone, cable TV and internet connectivity
4. The Sir Richard Branson goes for promotion in such a way that it effects all the media houses leading to trigger the all the channels with branding promotion.
5. Virgin Media owns and operates its own fibre-optic cable network, the only national cable network in the United Kingdom
6. Wide user base of approximately 5 million cable customers, of whom around 3.8 million were supplied with its television services (Virgin TV), around 4 million with broadband internet services and around 4.2 million with fixed-line telephony services
7. Virgin TV carries around 300 digital television and radio channels, including a mixture of subscription, premium subscription and pay-per-view channels.
8. Virgin TV, the digital cable television service from Virgin Media, currently ranks as the UK's second largest pay TV service
1. Integrating acquisitions could distract a company from other important tasks within the firm.
2. Expenses related to integrating back office IT systems and different corporate cultures could lead to further issues that hurt the firm over the long term.
3. High cost of business negatively affect profitability is a concern
1. Internet television brings higher demand for internet services through broadband carriers.
2. More penetration and tieups with other international companies
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Virgin Media. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.