British Sky Network SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 981
SWOT Analysis of British Sky Network with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
British Sky Network
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc
Broadcasting and Dth service.
Media and broadcasting
We believe in better
Sky is a valued part of everyday life in over 10 million homes
Media and broadcasting
UK and Ireland customers.
We entertain, excite and inspire customers with a great choice of high-quality television in high definition
1.3d Viewing capabilities.
2. Exclusive sports rights for major sports events
3. High quality content.
4. Early players in the industry gives them an advantage
5. Brand association with sky based networks.
6. Brand recall due to high content and events sponsoring’s.
7. Sky is a valued part of everyday life in over 10 million homes
8. Sky Anytime + , a new internet delivered video-on-demand (VoD) service launches.
9. Sky with WWF and the State Government of Acre, Brazil to launch Sky Rainforest Rescue , which aims to help save 1 billion trees in the Amazon which caused a huge response
10.Sky network’s customer advisers handle around 1 million calls a week.
1.Political corruption can cause operational difficulties
2. Sports and film based criticism
3. Intense competition means margins are limited
1. Network upgrades to triple-play services could help future growth. Upgrades require capital expenditures in fiber optic cables, but provide additional services to customers.
2. Mobile digital television (DTV) provides a huge opportunity for broadcasters who want to reach the billions of people who have mobile devices and want their entertainment on the go. Mobile DTV will provide device makers, broadcasters, and telecom companies with new revenue streams
3. Tie-up with international players to maximise reach and penetration
1. Fragmented market
2. High competition
3. Unfavorable govt and industry policies can hamper business
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.