SWOT Analysis of Mid-day Multimedia with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Jagran Prakash Group
Newspaper and News website
Media and broadcasting
My City My Life
First midday afternoon paper
Segmenting based on paper reading times of the
After Noon paper
1. MID-DAY has been the quintessential break the YUMPI (Young Urban Mobile Professionals across India) takes in the middle of their work day. MID-DAY is printed from Mumbai, Pune
2. MID-DAY, has become the quintessential physical connect for the uber social generation to consume their local city news today
3. Sunday Mid-Day celebrates Bombay in all its flavors - film, TV, fashion, civic, food, heritage, politics, and sports with the special focus on life style increasing the large audiences
4.The company also has an established presence in the multimedia space, with its web version, www.mid-day.com with presently over 25 million page views per month as well as MiD-DAY news feeds on cell phones which have over 2 lakh subscribers across the country
5. Strong brand value and recall in Mumbai and Pune.
With its unbiased and authentic news, Inquilab has carved a niche of its own. With its ‘closer to the community’ approach, Inquilab is known even to those who can’t read, write and speak Urdu.
1.Limited market as established only in Mumbai and Pune
2. Late entry into the market.
3. Criticized for being very less informative.
1. Running into other geographies.
2. Increase the working into marketing by brand associations with companies and social causes
1.Industry structure as it has very less emotional connect.
2.Advertising and ad space income which is very result oriented market.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.