SWOT Analysis of Shogakukan with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Printing & Publishing
Media and Entertainment
Best entertaining comics and magazines
Manga magazine publishing and other elementary education books
Pre-adolescent boys and girls, teenagers, and adults
Number one Manga magazines publisher
1. One of the top 15 leading publishing houses in the world 2. Approximately 400 publishing companies in Asia, the U.S.A. and Europe have been very active in the translation and publication of Shogakukan’s comic books 3. Good relationships with other country publishers to maintain overseas distribution 4. It has a great technological adaptability
5. Strong market value and brand presence
1.Its publications are not translated into local languages 2.Academics and literature related publishing is not under its wing
1. Media-Mix Strategies help surging International Popularity of Japanese Comics 2. Enactment of laws such as Text and Printed Culture Promotion Law 3. Shift from Overseas Distribution to Local Adaptation
1. High competition from Kodansha and Dia Nippon in overseas distribution 2.Threat from global cartoon comics publishers 3.May have the liability of Origin for its publishing quality
1. Dia Nippon Printers 2. Kodansha Inc 3. Shinchosha
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shogakukan. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.