Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 3261
SWOT Analysis of Star Plus with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Satellite Television Asia Region (STAR) News Corporation
Entertainment TV Channel
Media and Entertainment
Rishta Wohi, Soch Nayi
High quality and largest number of shows for entire family
Upper and Middle Class, Mega cities
The same legacy with a modern feel
1. Early start as english entertainment channel later became Indian 2. Highly popular in GEC category 3. Shows popular movies 4. HD quality 5. Official channel page 'startv.in' showing all episodes 6. Has special channel 'Star Utsav' to give viewer pleasure of watching old star plus shows again 6. Had legacy of awesome 'once in a week show' eg. 'Ji Pradhan Mantri Ji' etc.
1. Unable to convince viewer that purpose of some shows is to target 'social issues' as shown in disclaimer 2. Started loosing market share after not been able to get show such as KBC 3. Unnecessary importance is given to TRP
1. Can make reality shows targeting upcoming singers 2. Can make programmes for children 3. Focus on what viewer wants to see and not what channel want to show
1. Loosing market share because of new GECs. Eg.Colors 2. High importance given to TRP ratings prohibit channel itself to think against the stream and to start something different (ie. Need to introduce new programmes not based on reality show)
1. Colours 2. Zee TV 3. Sony 4. SAB 5.News Channels in Prime Time (7-9:30) 6. Regional GECs
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Star Plus. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.