Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2800
SWOT Analysis of Star News with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Media and Entertainment
Aapko Rakhe Aage
People seeking daily news about India and abroad
Individual, SEC C,D,E
A news channel that keeps you well informed
1. Started as an bilingual (English and Hindi) news channel but soon turned out to be Hindi targeting common man of the country
2. Presents a mix of rolling entertainment bulletins and specialized shows covering topics from crime to cricket 3. Attracts approx 25% of market share in 6 metros in India
1. Factual news and highly partial analysis 2. Entertainment and news clubbed together like reality shows on other channels 3. Lack of awareness of consequences of "NEWS" shown 4. Sometimes biased analysis 5. News on 'instant' basis 6. Not focusing on various governmental schemes for common man on suo-motu basis 7. Concept of breaking news is redefined here
1. Can prosper by using its 25% of viewership in metros properly 2. Should focus more on government's new programmes and schemes to educate viewers 3. Need to come out of vicious cycle of what viewers want to see and what channel is offering 4. Need not dedicate whole handsome one hour in peeping behind sets of tv serials
1. High switching rate of viewer 2. Reduction in rate of intelligent viewers 3. Presenting news in filmy fashion is unacceptable to many viewers 4. Tendancy of not showing news as news is hampering and questioning channel's own talent and abilities
1. Aaj Tak 2. Zee News 3. Times Now 4. Other regional news channels 5. Internet 6. Newspaper
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Star News. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.