Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 2296
SWOT Analysis of History Channel with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
A&E Television Networks
Knowledge Based Channel
Media and Entertainment
History: Made Every Day
Exclusive historical footage and news
10+ age group
Individual, SEC A,B,C
The channel helps reviving every major historical event
1. Variety of programmes on European history 2. Great video archives 3. Nice recreation of incidents 4. Minute details of particular era are shown in recreation
1. No attention to great Indian Rulers of medieval times (Marathas, Pallava, Bahamani, Rajpootana, Shunga, Maurya etc.) 2. History of eastern world has some element of western bias 3. Pro-Western, Capitalist and Socialist orientation of programme 4. No focus at all on great Indian/Chinese history (majorly ancient)
1. Can make special programmes for India 2. Can introduce Indian hosts and scholars as well 3. Scope for targeting kids 4. Can go in other linguals such as Marathi, Gujrati etc.
1. Since history derives itself from analogy, views on same topic may be different 2. Huge writings on topic give deep understanding than that from 1hr show 3. Internet opens ocean of knowledge on history
1. Internet 2. Various contradicting documentaries 3. Everchanging pattern of history 4.Discovery Channel
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.