Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 1224
SWOT Analysis of Gund Toys with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Toy Brands & Manufacturers
Media and Entertainment
Hugs Happen Here; World’s most huggable….since 1898; Gotta Getta Gund
Manufacturer of plush stuffed animals, its most successful product has been Snuffles
Preference for stuffed animals and soft toys
Kids (0-8 years) with preference for stuffed animal toys
World’s most huggable toys since 1898
1. Well known company for stuffed toys since 1898 2. Has offices in US and Canada to Europe, Japan, Australia and South America 3. Created many industry standards including safety standards and manufacturing processes for toys
4. First licensor of cartoon characters like Popeye, Mickey Mouse etc.
1.No reach in emerging Asian markets, except Japan
2. Brand recall is low as compared to bigger global Brands which means market share is low
1.Can expand in Asian markets 2.Can start design and administrative facilities in other parts in addition to Hong Kong and Qingdao, to include local preferences better
3. More lisences can boost the companys product portfolio
1.Intensely competitive market by prominent players 2.Difficulty in getting exclusive licenses for toys
3. Fluctuating economies and unfavorable market conditions
1. Kids Brands, Inc. 2. Vermont Teddy Bears Co., Inc. 3. Ty, Inc.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.