Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 2793
SWOT Analysis of Cardinal Health with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Essential to care
Cardinal health is world’s leading medical service provider which improves cost effectiveness of healthcare.
Pharmaceutical distribution services
Pharmacies, hospitals & ambulatory service providers
Cardinal health acts as backend to healthcare service providing distribution services to pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory units so that they can concentrate on providing top quality healthcare services to their patients.
1. Acquisition of some big companies means that they have considerable presence in oncology segment
2. innovative advertising solutions such as Pharmacy Health network
3. More than 30,000 well trained employees worldwide
4. Launch of Pyxis MedStation which helps in accurate monitoring of drug administration 5. Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products in over 60,000 locations
1. Medical segment of cardinal health has suffered from commodity 2. Company suffered negative image during DEA investigation of its painkiller drug Oxycodone
1. They have acquired Yong Yu in china which gives them considerable opportunities in emerging market & broadens their portfolio
2. Opportunity to improve footprint in independent pharmacy via acquisition of Kinray
3. Need to improve branding to survive in increasing competition
1. Stringent regulation in healthcare industry
2. Disruption of manufacturing supply chain due natural disasters
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.