Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 8838
SWOT Analysis of Cipla with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Caring for life
Commitment to make medicines affordable and accessible particularly to cancer patients
AIDS, respiratory disease, cancer cardiovascular disease, arthritis
Customers of various flavors and fragrances, OTC products, prescription products, pesticides, agrochemicals, doctors
They use latest technology to concentrate all their knowledge of over seven decades in developing life saving drugs
1. Cipla has developed good positive image by providing support to cancer patients by issuing drugs at low cost 2. Imminent commencement of the Fixed-Dose combination for treatment of uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria to tackle the 200+ million cases of malaria globally
3. Initiation of ‘No Touch Breast Scan’ a step forward in the screening technology in India. 4. A foremost player in anti-infective and anti-asthmatic formulations. 5. Has a strong employee force of over 16,000
1. Strong competition from international and domestic giants means limited market share
2. Cipla had faced problems during negative campaign by AHF
1. It can venture into Alzheimer’s disease medication 2. They can use Viramune generic to achieve higher growth.
3. Increased investment in the budding markets, to push expansion in the global economy
1. Constant price rises in the Indian country is taking its toll and compounding the problem 2.The Indian Rupee depreciated as compared to the US Dollar
3. Fluctuations in currency exchange rates have a noteworthy impact on the Company’s operations and financial results.
1. Sun Pharmaceuticals 2. Dr. Reddy’s laboratories
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.