Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 1690
SWOT Analysis of CSL Limited with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ope rates in the niche area of blood plasma derivatives, vaccines, anti-venom, and cell culture reagents used in various medical and genetic research and manufacturing applications
BIotechnology and Healthcare
We develop and manufacture vaccines and plasma protein biotherapies.
1. Biotechnology industry is one of the fastest growing industry in the world and CSL is a reliable brand in this field in Australia
2. Extensive R&D capacity 3. CSL operates in the niche segment of vaccines, anti-venom, genetics etc.
4. The company has products like blood plasma derivatives, vaccines, antivenom, and cell culture reagents
1. Diseconomies to scale 2.Ethical issues related to field of genetics etc. 3.Huge investments of both time and money are required to develop a new technology
1. Increasing awareness about uses of stem cells, enzymes etc. CSL can expand into these business areas 2.New technologies like nanotechnology are emerging which can be combined with biotechnology to develop next generations of medicines and technologies 3.Tie ups with large hospitals to promote the usage of stem cells.
1.Strict regulations from government 2.Skilled labor is required for the industry 3.A number of biotech companies have already begun offshoring certain activities, one of the major ones being the sheer volume of medical chemistry contract work that is now being done in China
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.