Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 529
SWOT Analysis of Polyphenolics with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Constellation Brands Inc.
Pharmaceutical and HealthCare
Realizing the health benefits of the grape
Strong science and portfolio of patented intellectual property to formulate reliable, substantive products.
Standard and quality healthcare
Nutrition and health conscious American adults
A science-driven organization dedicated to researching and developing innovative products using grape-seed-derived polyphenols to deliver specific and documented health benefits.
1. Very strong research and development operations. 2. A portfolio of intellectual property, including a trademarked brand name and manufacturing and usage patents, further differentiating it from other commodity grape seed extracts.
3. Market leader in US grape seed extract market. Recipient of the Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award has positioned itself to be successful in the competitive grape seed extract market.
4. Vertical Integration: Easy sourcing from wineries of the parent company. (Raw materials are by-products of the wine and grape juice-making processes.)
5. A subsidiary of Constellation Brands, which is known worldwide as a leading international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol brands.
1. Huge R&D costs. Testing and trials take a lot of time for product innovation or new launches.
2. Product marketing is a very dependent on co-branding with other companies
1. Increasing its operations into other countries.
2. Unawareness among people about the health benefits of grape seed extract. Opportunity of market development.
3. Expanding the use of products in functional beverages and foods to build a leadership role for the company in the supplement industry.
1. Competition from the European incumbents.
2. Influx of low-cost, sub-standard Asian grape seed extracts. 3. Changing product features to maintain compliance with different government regulations and norms in different countries can alter consistency in quality.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.