Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 1811
SWOT Analysis of Aker Solutions with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
Taking the next step in the global oil and gas success story
World leader in the design and supply of deck machinery and mooring systems for marine and offshore applications
Engineering and Construction services
Enterprises and corporates
Positioned as a company that brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production
1. Leading market position - confers economies of scale and enhances the brand image of the company
2. Diversified product portfolio and well balanced revenue stream –the company provides products and services to industries including oil and gas production, refining and chemicals, pharmaceuticals and
Biotechnology, and mining and metals. It operates through three businesses segments: product solutions; field life solutions; and engineering solutions. Revenues from the three segments are well balanced
3. Global presence - Aker is present in about 30 countries across major continents spanning Australia, Asia, Middle East, South America, Africa, North America, and Europe.
4. Over 20,000 employees are a part of the organisation
5. Based out of Norway, it is one the largest companies in the country
1. Declining Order backlog can have a negative impact on its revenue growth and on investor confidence
2. Limited geographic reach as compared to other leading players in the industry
1. Strategic acquisitions - can help Aker in increasing its market penetration, expand its product lines, and improve its operational flexibility
2. New contracts across the globe which is a key market for the company. Aker collaborated with Murphy Sabah Oil to deliver a subsea production system for the Siakap North Petai deep water development. Aker has also won several other contracts across the globe, which will give the company scope to grow
1. Intense competition for new contracts - Since financial strength is a major factor in deciding the granting of a contract, the company may lose contracts to larger players. Intense competition may negatively impact the company's operations and its financial condition
2. Government regulations and environmental issues - Government regulations often limit access to potential markets and impose extensive requirements concerning environmental protection and pollution control.
3. Foreign exchange rate risks - Besides Norway, the company generates revenues from other European countries, and in Asian and North American currencies. Changing foreign currency exchange rates could have a material impact on the company’s earnings and cash flows.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aker Solutions. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.