Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 683
SWOT Analysis of Obayashi Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
Presence across the entire vertical chain, providing solutions for planning design, construction, operations and maintenance
Construction and engineering services
Construction services, engineering and urban development
Predominantly Japan; also targets
Positioned as a company that is present across the vertical chain, that provides integrated solutions to its client
1. Wide geographic presence helping maintain market leading position - has an extensive presence in Japan, North America, Asia, Europe and Middle East.
2. The company undertook various projects in North America such as Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension Project, Central Link Light Rail Beacon Hill Tunnel & Station, and Golden Gate Bridge Seismic Retrofit.
3. Comprehensive range of services providing better control over the whole process - The company provides solutions for various stages including planning design, construction, operations and maintenance.
4.Obayashi also handles the management of specialized tasks by collaborating with many vendors. The company's vertical integration provides it with better control over the whole process, which helps it in improving overall efficiency
5. It is among the top construction companies in Japan and is also listed on Nikkei
1. Inability to arrest sales decline leading to erosion in net asset value
2. Limited geographic presence as it is restricted only to Japan
1. Focus on emerging economies - derives most of its revenues from Japan alone. Its presence in regions across the world provides it with a good opportunity to expand into the emerging economies, which are recouping faster than the developed ones.
2. Private finance initiative business - Obayashi has made a significant presence in the Japanese private finance initiative (PFI) business. Obayashi's first mover advantage and substantial number of projects would create an opportunity to generate more revenues.
3. Japanese recovery and reconstruction process, post the Fukushima earthquake provides the company with a huge opportunity
1. Surge in raw material prices could affect margins - Increasing raw material prices would result in higher cement prices, which will decline the demand for cement and thus further deteriorate the construction activity affecting Obayashi's margins.
2. Shortage of skilled labor - the percentage of working-age population in the country is expected to decrease
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Obayashi Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.