Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 634
SWOT Analysis of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A.
Real Estate and Construction
Services for urban communities
World leader in environmental services and infrastructure
Real estate and construction services
Infrastructure services, environmental services, and renewable energy services. Predominantly Spain; also present in the UK, Central and Eastern Europe and the US
Positioned as a company that strives to provide services to the urban communities in the geographies in which it operates
1. Broad portfolio enhances customer base - Apart from construction, FCC is also involved in solid waste collection and disposal, street-cleaning, water supply, maintenance of drinking and waste water treatment plants, cement manufacture etc
2. Strong order backlog shows a good market position for the company
3. 90,000+ people are with the organisation making it a strong workforce
4. It is one of the largest real estate companies in Spain
1. Geographic concentration - highly dependent on the European market for its revenues.
2. Poor financial performance - FCC’s revenues declined at a compounded annual change rate is a concern
1. Divestments likely to help in improving profitability - FCC entered into an agreement to sell its properties
2. Installation of digital newsstands - Cemusa, a subsidiary of FCC, specializing in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of urban furniture, installed the world's first digital newsstands. First mover advantage in selling the advertising space and thus increase its visibility
3. Global expansion by international tie-ups and partnerships
1. The US and European construction markets continue to remain sluggish
2. Environmental regulations - There are increasing demands to use non-hazardous substances in construction and cement manufacturing including non-lead based paints, recyclable plastics and metals treated with non-carcinogenic chemicals.
3. Economic fluctuations and recession can affect operations and raw material costs
1. ACS, Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, S.A.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.