Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 1743
SWOT Analysis of JGC Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
A world-class contractor, solution provider and your partner for success
Expertise of working in more than 20,000 projects in 70 countries
Construction services and real estate
Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Planning, engineering, procurement, operation, and construction services
Positioned as a construction company that focuses mainly on construction of chemical plants, research labs and medical facilities
1. With the help of satellite engineering centers, the parent company is able to cover clients in any country of the world, which is commendable
2. Good order backlog by signing a number of big deals in the past recent months. E.g JGC was awarded the EPC Contract for Major Ethylene Plant in the U.S.
3. Great goodwill developed over the years which will help in closing deals. E.g the company donated a total of approximately 18 million yen to support recovery from the damage done by Typhoon Haiyan in the central region of Japan
4. The company has a presence of doing projects in over 70 countries
1. Though the company has a number of satellite engineering centers across the globe, majority of its operations are focused in Japan predominantly and other Asian countries. This means that the company hasn’t really diversified its geographical risk and has a chance of losing margins in case of a slowdown in this part of the country
2. Competitive disadvantage due to non-participation in bid for huge projects, when all its competitors in Japan and worldwide participated. This could send a negative vibe among the company’s prospective clients
1. Entry into North American market; by signing a major deal, JGC ventured into its first world scale project in North America
2. Opportunity to cash in on the huge relief work post the Japan Earthquake; since Japan is the company’s breeding ground, it could make its position stronger
3. Global expansion through partnerships and acquisitions can boost the company
1. Intense competition which could affect the company's earnings growth and market share - The competition is becoming increasingly intensive as project opportunities are fewer, while more and more companies are vying for them. Price competition is escalating, especially when it comes to small and medium-sized projects
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JGC Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.