Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 1340
SWOT Analysis of URS Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
Ranked among the top in ENR’s list of Top 200 Environmental firms
Construction services and real estate
Targets countries in all 5 continents; predominantly USA though
Federal, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure, Industrial and Power
Positioned as a firm that takes immense care of the environment while carrying out its operations; treats environmental consciousness with high priority
1. Increasing net income over the years.This shows that the company is targeting the right clients and completing projects/services on time
2. Among the top in military friendly employers across the world, according to a report. Sends a strong message to the outside world that employees are taken care of
3. Provides services in a number of sectors – Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Power, Industrial and Federal. This diversification negates sector risk from impacting the company bottom line
4. Globally ranked second in the construction of highways; has a competitive advantage when it comes to closing deals in this sector
5. 56,000+ employees are a part of this huge organization operating in over 50 countries
1. While it is good to have operations in diverse sectors, it could blunt the strategic direction in which the firm would go in the future; the company currently has many sectors in which it operates. It needs to identify the sectors which are its cash cows and make it more robust
2. Poor performance of Oil & Gas division; reporting less revenues. This may be due to the effects of the federal government shutdown, the uncertainty surrounding the federal budget, and sequestration, and the impacts of weather-related delays, especially in the Canadian oil and gas fields
1. Right from 1970s, the company has been on an acquiring spree, acquiring many companies including Madigan-Praeger; Coverdale and Colpitts; John A. Blume and Associates; Hill Dreman Chase; and Dalton, Dalton and Newport; it could capitalize on such acquisition opportunities in areas where it is operating.
2. Cashing in on new military projects that have a huge scope, in USA and other countries
3. Global expansion and tieups can boost company’s image
1. Intense competition likely to erode profits – a number of local and international competitors present, especially in the engineering and construction sector
2. Rise in raw material costs could make a deep blow in company’s bottom line
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to URS Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.