Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 4735
SWOT Analysis of Cedar Point with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Amusement Park/Theme Park
Tourism and Hospitality
Roller Coaster Capital of the World, Thrills Connect, America’s Roller Coaster
It is the best amusement parks for Roller-Coaster Rides
Young local population and tourists from all over the world
Young tourists and families who enjoy thrilling rides
An amusement park that offers the best roller coaster experience in the world
1. It is the second oldest operating amusement park in the USA 2. The only amusement park across the globe with four roller coasters taller than 200 feet 3. “Best Amusement Park in the World” for fourteen consecutive years 4. In spite of being popular for its thrill rides, it also offers family rides, thus broadening its customer base 5. Good advertising and branding across US
1. In spite of being the best amusement park for roller-coasters in the world, it does not have a strong brand presence outside USA. 2. Being an amusement, the tourism is seasonal , heavily depending on children vacations
1. It can increase its visitor base by adding innovative thrill rides 2. It can leverage on the fact that it is the best amusement park for thrill rides in the world and can market itself accordingly 3.By adding new attractions in its Family Rides, Water Rides and Children’s Rides section it can try to attract more visitors
1. There are many amusement parks and theme parks in the USA that offer more than just rides. 2. There are many amusement parks with a much stronger international brand presence in USA 3.Many amusement parks around the world are coming up with excellent roller-coaster rides; this would pose a competition to Cedar Point.
1. King’s Island, Ohio, USA 2. Six Flags, Georgia, USA 3. Busch Gardens
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.