Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 5449
SWOT Analysis of Hershey Park with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company
Amusement Park/Theme Park
Tourism and Hospitality
Offers a good mix of thrill rides, water rides, children’s rides as well as other attractions
Local young population and families
Primary: Families living in and around Pennsylvania; Secondary: Families living in the rest of the USA; Tertiary: Families visiting from abroad
An amusement park that provides entertainment options to the entire family
1. The parent brand has a very strong brand presence in the chocolate industry. 2. It has a variety of offerings including thrill rides, water rides and children’s rides that would appeal to all age groups. 3. The park has won several awards including the IAAPA Applause Awards. 4. It has as many as 67 fully functional rides, including 11 roller-coasters and welcomes upto 20 lakh visitors per annum.
1. The brand is not as strong as some of the other names in the amusement parks category in the USA. 2. It does not have a very strong brand presence outside USA. 3. Seasonal variations affect operating profits
1. It can leverage on the popularity of the parent brand in the chocolate industry. 2. Through effective marketing, it can try and attract more international tourists. 3.It has a unique offering in the form of Hershey’s Chocolate World, which has the potential to attract visitors on its own.
1. If there are no innovative offerings, there is no incentive for second time visit. 2. There are many strong competitors in and around Pennsylvania and the rest of the USA. 3.The competitors have a greater variety of offerings other than just amusement rides.
1. Disneyland, USA 2. Six Flags, USA 3.Kennywood Park, USA
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hershey Park. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.