Walt Disney World Resort SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 15438
SWOT Analysis of Walt Disney World Resort with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney Company
Amusement Park/Theme Park
Tourism and Hospitality
Where Dreams Come True, What Will You Celebrate?
It is the world’s most popular and most visited entertainment resort
People from all age groups
Families living in USA and tourists from all over the world
The 4 absolutely stunning and popular theme parks inside the Walt Disney World Resort, offer something for everyone.
1. It is the most visited entertainment resort in the world. 2. It is one of the largest resorts in the world with more than 30,000 acres of land. 3. The park offers a great variety through its 4 very differently themed parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot (dedicated to technological innovation), Hollywood Studios (show business theme) and Animal Kingdom (animal conversation theme)
4. Magic Kingdom is the most visited theme park in the world with more than 15 million visitors per year 5. Brand recall is very high across the world
1. The variety that the park offers is so huge that it is very difficult for a visitor to visit all the attractions due to high number of visitors round the year 2. It has a very diverse product portfolio with several different theme parks and hotels, which makes centralized management and monitoring very difficult
1. The Disney brand is extremely popular and is the pioneer in the industry of theme parks which can be leveraged to further expand 2. The Walt Disney Company has a vast experience in operating amusement parks and is very popular internationally. 3. With the flourish of the tourism industry, the park can expect to welcome more visitors from abroad.
4. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park can try to increase its customer base.
5. By introducing new attractions from time to time, the park can attract more and more visitors.
1. Due to the sheer volume and variety of the resort, the operating expenses are tremendous. 2. Local competitors like Universal Studios, Universal’s Island of Adventure has similar offerings and are also very popular. 3. The competitors are very seasoned and experienced and are likely to eat into the market share if the resort fails to innovate constantly.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.