Universal Studios Theme Parks SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 18629
SWOT Analysis of Universal Studios Theme Parks with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Universal Studios Theme Parks
Amusement Park/Theme Park
Tourism and Hospitality
See the Stars, Ride the Movies; Jump Into the Action
A unique theme park based on the entertainment industry, particularly, movies and television
People belonging to all age groups
Youngsters and families from USA and tourists from all over the world
The park has amazing offerings for all the fans of the movies and television.
1. It is the one of the most visited theme park in the US with more than 5 million visitors every year. 2. The theme is spread over a large area with six different theme areas, one of which is Hollywood. 3. The park features some very popular characters like Popeye, Simpsons, Marilyn Monroe, ScoobyDoo etc. who have great merchandising capacity. 4. The theme park is operated by Universal Parks and Resorts which is a reputed brand worldwide.
1. The park depends excessively on the popularity of the characters it features for marketing purposes 2. The park has limited water rides and roller coasters
1. With the up-coming simulator ride based on Despicable Me, the park can hope to attract many visitors. 2. Apart from the usual rides, the annual events and shows have great crowd pulling potential. 3. The theme on which the park is based is very popular and enjoys a huge fan following, which the park can take advantage of.
4. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park can try to increase its customer base.
5. By introducing new attractions from time to time, the park can attract more and more visitors.
1. The park operates in a very competitive environment, where lack of innovation can prove to be a disaster. 2. It faces its greatest threat from its sister theme parks viz. Islands of Adventure, Wet ‘n Wild and CityWalk. 3. Due to the proximity of Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom, the park invites constant comparison with the Disney brand, world leaders in theme parks.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.