Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 3298
SWOT Analysis of Maharashtra Tourism with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation
Explore Incredible Maharashtra
The campaign tries to change the image of Maharashtra from a commercial state to a tourist state
Domestic and international tourists
Families from neighbouring states of Maharashtra and from other parts of India and tourists from abroad
Maharashtra is positioned as a state that offers a great variety of options to tourists
1. The campaign tries to bring out the variety that Maharashtra offers as a tourist place. 2. The state is financially strong and hence has a robust tourism promotion budget. 3. The campaign has managed to create a good visual impact. 4. The campaign has managed to create awareness about Maharashtra as a tourist state.
1. The campaign lacks in terms of visibility as compared to some of the other state tourism campaigns 2.The campaign does not have a very strong tagline and visibility which affects its brand recall
1. Maharashtra happens to be the fourth most visited state by domestic tourists and the most visited state by international tourists in India which the campaign can leverage upon. 2.The campaign can make use of the social media space for better visibility.
3. Maharashtra offers a good mix of tourist attractions including beaches, forts, hill stations etc. which the campaign can take advantage of.
1. Some of the other states in India have much stronger campaigns. 2.As Maharashtra is one of the most commercially driven states of India, any fluctuations in the economy affect its tourism prospects. 3.As Maharashtra is traditionally not a tourist state it lacks in the area of tourism infrastructure.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maharashtra Tourism. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.