Businesses who need freight transportation, Passenger transportation sector
One of the largest and busiest rail networks in the world
1. Availability of abundant low cost land near country stations provides possibility for development 2. Less damage of goods compared to other modes of transport 3. Better connectivity across the length and breadth of India
4. More carrying capacity of goods
5. Largest commercial employer with almost 1.5 million staff
6. It transports over six billion passengers and almost 750 million tons of freight annually 7. Approx 120,000 km of tracks and nearly 8000 stations
1. Passenger sector is loss making 2. Accidents and delays cause a dent to the image 3. Facilities not comparable to international standards still
1.It can capture large chunk of container traffic by introducing block container trains operating at passenger speeds 2.It’s 70% of revenue and most of its profits comes from freight sector and there is a tremendous growth in emerging companies, hence has a great future for freight sector 3.Operating ratio has been decreasing drastically in last 10 years
1.Increase in allowable gross weight of road vehicles 2.Possible introduction of double road trailers 3.High accident rates
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Indian Railways. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.