Posted in Transport and Logistics, Total Reads: 2453
SWOT Analysis of FirstGroup with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Transportation and Logistics
Keeping people moving and communities prospering
Leading transport operator in the UK and North America
Customers which require transportation and logistics services
Customers which requires Services like Local and express bus, intercity bus, franchised rail and tram, school bus
The leading passenger transport operator in the UK and North America
1. Strong financial performance over the years 2. Approximately 124,000 employees we transport more than 2.5 billion passengers every year 3. Highly trained staff from drivers to subordinates 4. Recognized as a leading brand name in the UK and North America travel industry for their injury prevention, health and safety working philosophy
5. Strong financial position and good brand reputation
1. Increased cost of operations because of increasing fuel and labour cost 2. Travel industries are expensive and require huge capital outlays and chances of accidents that could be very expensive
1. Technology advances can result in cost savings 2. People nowadays using more public transport and offers less private cars because of environment consciousness and increasing fuel prices 3. Mergers and acquisitions to increase customer base
1. An economic downturn, whether at a global, regional or national level could have a negative impact on the Group’s businesses and the opportunity to grow existing, or win new, contracts. 2. All of the Group’s businesses compete in the areas of pricing and service and face competition from a number of sources 3. Constantly changing safety, equipment, employment, environmental, insurance coverage laws and regulations
1. Arriva plc 2. Atlantic Express Transportation Corp. 3. The Go-Ahead Group plc
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to FirstGroup. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.