Its work includes publications like country risk service reports, industry reports, monthly country reports and five-year country economic forecasts.
The EIU also publishes reports on liveability and cost of living for the world's major cities. Another noted report is the Quality-of-Life Index.
Some of its major reports include:
1. November 2010 : Access China White Paper- Profiles the economies of the top 20 emerging cities in China("CHAMPS: China’s fastest-growing cities"). These cities are considered as the fastest growing for reasons like business opportunities, construction prosperity, rising house and vehicle ownership and.
2. 2006 (with updates in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013): Democracy Index- an index compiled by analyzing the condition of democracy in 167 countries, focusing on five categories—electoral process and pluralism, civil liberties, functioning of government, political participation and political culture.
3. January 2011: Government Broadband Index (gBBi)- assesses countries on the basis of government planning. The developed nations of Southeast Asia ranked highest with ambitious plans for both the speed and coverage of next-generation broadband networks. Greece was ranked the lowest.
1. In December 2012, Bazian was taken over by EIU, specializing in health technologies to assess clinical effectiveness and value for money and similar analysis.
2. In April 2012, EIU acquired Clearstate, a market intelligence firm offering customised strategic advisory and primary research solutions specifically addressing the healthcare and life sciences domains within the Asia Pacific.
Browse definitions and meaning of more concepts and terms similar to Economist Intelligence Unit - EIU. The Management Dictionary covers definitions and overview of over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.