Walk In is defined as a condition wherein a person (who may be a customer, a new employee, a prospective employee who has come for an interview etc) reaches the respective office or place without any prior appointment.
A lot of companies these days entertain walk-in interviews where candidates can simply reach the office, and get interviewed by the employer on a specified date and time. Walk-in interviews give opportunities to a lot of people to apply and get interviewed. It also saves the company time, when they are in urgent need of conducting a process with many people.
What is a Walk- In Interview?
In HR such kinds of interviews happen on a regular basis, these are scheduled without any prior appointment. These interviews have the following features:
1. Happen without any prior appointment.
2. It’s a kind of meet and greet session, which is of very short duration.
3. Comprises of very few questions.
4. Used as a quick tool for narrowing down the talent pool.
5. It’s spontaneous and unplanned but structured.
6. Used by companies when they want to do mass recruitment, especially useful for initial screening.
Benefits of Walk-Ins for Employers
1. For checking their efficiency.
2. It helps them to meet a large number of prospective candidates in a short span of time.
3. Helps in quick decision making as recruiters get to meet the candidates face to face, and helps them in making the impression whether they’ll be a cultural fit in the organization or not.
4. Saves both time and resources of the organization.
Benefits of Walk-Ins for Job Seekers
1. It is more of a casual meeting than the normal formal meeting.
2. Applicants get a quick sense of company’s philosophy without devoting much of their time and resource.
3. It gives them a formal idea about themselves being a cultural fit or not.
Disadvantages of Walk-Ins
1. If the person is not prepared it destroys the candidate’s candidature as interviewers first impression is decisive.
2. Such kinds of walk-ins are highly competitive, standing out is a difficult task.
3. All the paperwork etc needs to be completed on the spot.