Responsibility is a duty or commitment to complete a job or assignment that must be fulfilled by one or face disciplinary actions in case of default. At workplaces both the employer and employee have certain responsibilities towards each other and cumulative responsibility towards the organization. Apart from these they have a duty towards the society and environment. These responsibilities have to be carried out properly to reach the organizational goals and objectives along with sustainable growth.
The responsibilities of employees towards the organization:
• Understanding the job: The employee must understand their roles and job tasks clearly, otherwise they will not be able to contribute to the organizations development
• Planning: Proper planning of work schedule is necessary to complete a task in time
• Communicating with team and managers: Employees must communicate with the team and superiors to plan out work schedule and divide responsibilities. In case any issue arises it is very important for the team to resolve it via proper discussion.
• Taking responsibility: Employees should have a sense of duty to wards the organization and the task at hand.
• Integrity: Honest employees make an honest organization. Integrity, not only towards the organization but also the society as a whole is thus very important.
• Participating: Enthusiastic participation make teams work better. This also the helps the employee in building their skills
• Meeting the deadline: Delays in any task can snowball and result in delaying a process as a whole. Thus sticking to deadlines are of utmost importance
• Keeping the workplace clean: Organized and clean workplace is not only hygienic but also refreshing and is very encouraging for all those who share the workplace
• Maintaining workplace safety
Responsibilities of employers towards employees:
• Career development: Encouraging the career development of employees attracts better individuals in the organizations fold
• Training: In an world where technology is ever changing, it is the employers responsibility to keep its employees up to date with those developments. This not only results in the growth of the employee but also increased profitability of the organization
• Encouraging innovation: Encouraging the innovator in the employees helps them to grpw and develop organically
• Unbiased appraisals: Bias free appraisal system makes sure only the worthy candidates are promoted and the trust of employees towards the organization grows
• Rewards and benefits: Maintaining the market benchmark for rewards and paying benefits fairly keeps the process transparent and employees understand that they are valued by the organization