Sales receipt can be defined as the receipt an individual gets for some purchase of product or services.
A sales receipt can have following details:
• Time & date a purchase was made
• Items purchased & amount of purchase price & totals
• Name & location of store or service center
• Supplement information about store returns
• Method of payment used & other sales related information
The sales receipts are usually used for sales returns or exchanges. The sales receipt can vary from company to company & it can be changed to suit the sale environment.