Posted in Marketing and Strategy Terms, Total Reads: 669
Definition: Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is one of the advertising business organizations that develops industry standards, gives legal support, and conducts research for the online advertising industry. This organization represents a large number of prominent media outlets globally, but mostly in the United States and in Europe.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) helps in empowering the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It consists of leading media and technology companies numbering over 650 that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns. They currently account for nearly 86 percent of online advertising in the United States of America. The IAB does critical research on interactive advertising by working with its member companies and evaluates as well by recommending standards and practices. The organization is committed towards professional development, increasing the knowledge, skills, and developing expertise of individuals across the digital marketing industry. The IAB also focuses on educating marketing and advertising agencies, marketers and companies in media business about the value of interactive advertising. It was founded in the year of 1996; the IAB is headquartered in New York City in United States.
The IAB has six core objectives:
• It fends off adverse legislation and regulation
• It provides coalesce around the market-making measurement guidelines and creative standards
• It helps in creating a common ground with customers to reduce costly friction in the entire supply chain
• It shares best practice that foster advertising industry-wide growth.
• It generates industry-wide research programs and promotes thought leadership which helps strengthening interactive as a mainstream medium for growth
• It creates countering force to balance power of other media, marketing, and agency trade groups
Browse definitions and meaning of more concepts and terms similar to Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). The Management Dictionary covers definitions and overview of over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.