Posted in Marketing and Strategy Terms, Total Reads: 652
Definition: International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC)
The International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC) is the premier global trade association of the shopping industry. It was founded in 1957 and has more than 63000 members in over 100 countries. It includes owners of shopping centres, marketing specialists, investors, managers, developers, academics and public officials as well as retailers and brokers. It has links with more than 25 national and regional shopping centres throughout the world and maintains mutually benefitting relationships with all of them.
The vast amount of resources and expertise makes the mutual benefits enjoyable to the officials of the shopping centre industry. Also, it helps in raising the level of service and benefits to members of ICSC by coordinating with the officials throughout the world.
Purpose of ICSC is to advance the shopping centre industry and promote its role in contributing to the distribution of goods and services commercially. This is done through the following activities:
• It provides educational programs in all aspects of shopping centre development, marketing, finance and any other special areas of professional interest
• It collects and distributes information including statistical data, all relevant to the shopping centre industry
• It conducts regular meeting to facilitate exchange of ideas and easing the process of conducting businesses
• It develops and maintains certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping centre industry professionals
• It makes the general public aware of the promotional and educational programs and relevant information pertaining to the shopping centre industry
Being a member of the ICSC has numerous benefits like access to their databases, opportunity to participate in their support programs, access to scholarships, lesser pricing on various benefits that they offer, etc.
Browse definitions and meaning of more concepts and terms similar to International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC). The Management Dictionary covers definitions and overview of over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.