Posted in Operations and Supply Chain Terms, Total Reads: 278
A conveyor is mechanical equipment used in handling that helps in material movement from one location to another. Conveyors are particularly advantageous to use in applications involving the transportation of heavy or bulky materials. Conveyor systems facilitate quick and efficient transportation for a wide variety of materials. Because of their convenience utility, they are very popular in the material handling and packaging industries.
Many kinds of conveyor systems are available and find their application according to the different needs of different industries. There are chain conveyors (floor and overhead) as well.
Benefits of Conveyor System:
Conveyor systems have widespread uses across a range of industries due to the abundant benefits they provide.
• Transporting material from one level to another by human labour can be strenuous and expensive. Conveyors are able to safely transport materials in such cases.
• Conveyors can be installed anywhere easily. They are much safer than using other machines to move materials like a forklift, etc.
• Conveyors can mover loads of all shapes, sizes and weights.
• Conveyors these days have advanced safety features. These help to prevent accidents.
• There are many options available for running conveyor systems. There are hydraulic, mechanical and fully automated conveyor systems. They can be chosen depending upon individual needs.
Conveyors are used in the automotive, agricultural, computer, electronic, food processing, aerospace, pharmaceutical. Chemical, bottling and canning, print finishing and packaging industry.