Posted in Operations and Supply Chain Terms, Total Reads: 321
Definition: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
The CIA or Central Intelligence Agency is a self-governing agency responsible for providing the necessary and desired national security intelligence to the superior policymakers of the United States. The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (D/CIA) is designated by the president with the recommendation and consent of the Senate. The Director plays a major role in managing the operations, personnel, and budget of the Central Intelligence Agency.
The people selected for the above mentioned positions works on the intelligence cycle, the process of collecting, analyzing, and disseminating intelligence information to top US government officials.
Apart from the five components, the Director has several staffs appointed which contract with public affairs ,legal issues, information management, human resources, protocol, congressional affairs and internal oversight.
Key Challenges faced by CIA:
• CIA must focus on advancing the existing ways to attract, expand, and retain skill to capitalize on each CIA officer’s potential to contribute to achieving the target.
• Emphasis must be on closing the intelligence gaps with the aid of improved collection and examination on the countries, non-state actors, and issues which are most decisive to the President and senior national security team.
• Need to supervise the asset of the agency in a better way during a period of fiscal austerity.
• Accomplish our global mission to give consumers decision advantage as they tackle an unprecedented volume and multiplicity of worldwide developments that affect US wellbeing.
• Control hi-tech advances for enhanced performance in all mission areas—compilation, analysis, covert action, and counterintelligence—while shielding against technological pressure to the security of the information, operations, and officers.
Browse definitions and meaning of more concepts and terms similar to Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The Management Dictionary covers definitions and overview of over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.