Posted in Operations and Supply Chain Terms, Total Reads: 166
Definition: Terms of Service
The Terms and Conditions are mainly used for legal purposes by internet service providers and websites. These service providers such as e-commerce and social networking websites store a user’s personal data. A terms and conditions agreement is legally standing and is subjected to change with theme and requirement.
A terms and conditions agreement mainly consists of multiple sections including one or more sections from the list given below:
• Clear definition of all the keywords and phrases used
• The rights and responsibilities of the user
• Clear demarcation of the expected or proper usage of the product. Also the potential misuse
• Accountability for online actions, behaviour, and conduct
• The details of payment like subscription or membership fees, etc.
• If the opt-out policy is available then the procedure for account termination must be clearly defined
• It should have a disclaimer which clarifies the legal liabilities if the site for any damages to the users
• User notification upon modification of terms, if offered