Posted in Internship Experience Stories, Total Reads: 639
Name: Himanshu Agarwal
College: IIM Kashipur
MBA Batch: 2014-2016
Summer Internship Industry: FMCG
Location: Kolkata, India
Profile: Summer Intern
Brief Project Description & Responsibilities:
• Leveraging Digital Media for building an effective customer engagement plan for brand
• Market potential analysis for the next phase of growth for the brand and an Integrated Marketing Plan for New Product variant
What was the overview of the project? Elaborate with some details
1. To identify what can be done in digital media to build the brand so that brand can easily cater to its TG. Also with respect to digital media, explore the other opportunities like mobile app so that brand can increase its reach
2. Identify the gaps in the industry and propose what can be added to the brand so that it can become a separate entity for the company and also to do some primary research and make the concept card for proposing them
Share your daily routine &overall summer internship experience.
Office Timing was from 10:00 AM to 06:00PM. In the case of market visit, in the first half I visited the market and in the 2nd half I made the reports. In the other days, I had to do primary research and secondary research and then present the report to my Mentor.
How was the selection process conducted?
CV shortlist and Interview
What were your key learnings from the summer internship?
• Gain knowledge about the various marketing (both ATL & BTL) activities, the ways in which they alter and affect the consumers’ minds
• The articulation of digital strategies, the growing importance of digital marketing in the modern marketing era
• Understand about the mobile app and its importance for a brand
• How to design the nationwide campaigns for promoting the variants of brand
• Understand the stages of NPD
Three tips would you give to your juniors
• Try to learn new things as much as possible
• Always be on time during your summer intern
• If you are facing any problem, consult your mentor