Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Women Managers: Asset or Liability

Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #181

Are women managers an asset or a liability?? This is one of the most usual topics in GDs.
DIscussion on this topics with points for and against would be beneficial...

Personally, girls can perform every activity a boy can do. But girls do have to face a few work related problems in some cases. but in now way women managers are a liability.

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #183

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
Many times in GD i have seen that in this topic, people cite examples of chanda kochar, sonia gandhi etc.Any woman who is CEO is named to start the topic.but thats not the right away because if you can give 50 names of ladies being some bosses or proven manager, someone in the GD might name a million men who have been the better proven managers.

SO to approach this topic, it should be said that it doesnt matter that whether a person is man or a woman what matters is the skill level. and we can agree that some skills are inherent in woman as its their nature to be more structured.

In the topic this point can be brought out. but again it can be countered with the face that if men given chance to manage home they might also learn it well.
So its a topic which should handled intelligently.
but the conclusion should be irrespective of gender.
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #186

• Sourabh
  • Fresher
@Sweetshruthi n Tarunkool : As a manager please be sensitive to Gender issues.

A good Manager is free from any Gender , Caste ,creed or religion issues...............Social transformation of business and MBAs is important .....else it will get reflect in your work...........like most of the advertisement use Feminism to sell their products..even though its irrelevant and which also shows a picture of male dominant prevalent around the world.....

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #188

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
Yup Sourabh
this was the same point i was making that irrespective of gender, managers are managers.
Whether man or a woman.It doesnt matter.

But there are somethings which is scientifically proven.

Like Woman are better in directional spatial sense and men are better in logical fields etc ( facts may be wrong, but you got my point).

In the past, mechanical companies didnt use to hire women for jobs as they considered them too weak and sensitive to handle work load but now times are changing.
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #190

• mansin
  • Expert
I agree, there are differences in men and women which if identified well can help the companies to define proper roles for them respectively.

like some type of jobs for men and some types for women.

but then it will be unfair at times but then business of the business is to do business and that too effeciently and to earn money.

so if it can be done.I am not sure thought.

Interesting topic though

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #192

• Snigdha
  • Fresher
first of all coining a term like "Women Managers" is wrong in itself.
Manager is just anyone who takes well informed decisions and is able to manage the resources and networks. Any manager not able to do so is a liability, whether a man or a woman.

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #195

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
@ snighdha : I totally agree with you.This is the same point i have been making from start.I think sweetshruti who made this topic needs to clarify lolz

thats the crux a manager is a manager and not man manager or woman manager.
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #197

• Snigdha
  • Fresher
well sweetshruti may not have coined the term..
but the topic itself is an eye opener.. why discriminate against women like that?

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #198

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
I agree with you snigdha.
There is nothing wrong with the term as such woman manager until its not derogatory.

but discrimination is serious no no.
and i cant understand what has asset and liability to do with a woman manager.
obviously any manager is an asset to a company so would be a woman who is a manager.

but it has been proven that having a woman boss changes the perception of male subordinates. Many men dont like female bosses.thanks to our male dominated society.This is an additional factor or challenge that comes with being a woman manger.She needs to handle the team very well.

Re: Women Managers: Asset or Liability 5 years, 10 months ago #199

• Snigdha
  • Fresher
@vidya_mba : what you are saying is right. Society specially Indian society has been male dominated for centuries. Another point that comes to light is that it is a general perception that women are more organised in what they do and being organised is an important trait required to become a good manager.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds