Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MBA -Hype or Reality?

MBA -Hype or Reality? 5 years, 8 months ago #200

• coolpat
  • Fresher
I got this topic in of the GDs i had attended before coming to a B school.

Is MBA in india a hype or reality ?

Does MBA really pays or its just the few high packages which have caused this hype ?

Re: MBA -Hype or Reality? 5 years, 8 months ago #206

MBA in India is little hyped..Majority of the students taking up CAT these days are engineers. In India is basically peer pressure which is causing people to pursue MBA. Even if you look at the pay packages only a handful of them and that too in the top b-schools get such kind of salaries. It is actually media which is hyping up this degree.

Re: MBA -Hype or Reality? 5 years, 8 months ago #212

hi sunny..
i dont think mba is hyped. like any other degree or qualification, it has benefits.
if u do it from a good bschool, the course structure prepares you for the industry, which is actually what the market demands. so just bluntly saying media has hyped it is wrong. else every year 2 lakh students wudnt sit for CAT..

Re: MBA -Hype or Reality? 5 years, 8 months ago #230

• aamir
  • Fresher
i my opinion mba is the latest channel to get a good salary for students falling in middle class bracket. high society people are not interested in pursuing mba. its just a route to enter in industry and earn a good living. those born with a silver spoon don't require to go for this degree. they are directly made member of executive board irrespective of weather they know what management is all about. in nutshell.. if you have high profile contacts than you are not required to do mba and if you are a student and aspiring to earn a good living than mba is the hottest optin right now. what say??

Re: MBA -Hype or Reality? 5 years, 8 months ago #231

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
In my opinion , aamir your view of MBA is highly polarized and influenced by media. MBA is just not for packages or earning good living. Its about altogether a new perspective to see the world.
MBA gives you tools and equips you. What you do with it is Dependant on individual. Fame and money are by products if you make something good out of your MBA. MBA doesn't guarantee any good package, money or fame. MBA makes you successful or not is in your hands.

I partly agree with you. This is the current trend in india. You do MBA from some good college, you get decent job(better than what u earned after graduation). But its not the real picture.
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds