Email Password: Remember me

Reporting standards for b school placements
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reporting standards for b school placements

Reporting standards for b school placements 5 years, 7 months ago #346

• Kartik
  • Senior
With most of the b schools reporting their placements data their announcements are not transparent. Most of the alumni and current b schools would tend to agree with me. Now days most of the aspirants base their decisions on placement reports. Now the question is whether there should be reporting standards for placements...

Re: Reporting standards for b school placements 5 years, 7 months ago #347

According to me, there should be reporting standards for placements. B schools include international salaries while calculating average salaries which doesn't give right picture. Also there is lot components like variable, bonus, insurance etc which tend to inflate salaries. Definitely there should reporting standards.....

Re: Reporting standards for b school placements 5 years, 7 months ago #349

• poojad
  • Expert
Even if we make it mandatory for b schools to follow placement reporting standards, who will ensure that all the colleges are following those standards....

Re: Reporting standards for b school placements 5 years, 7 months ago #350

• mansin
  • Expert
AICTE or an independent body can be formed which will ensure that proper reporting standards are followed. This body should have right to conduct random audits as well nail any b school if standards are not followed...there are b shools like I*PM which make tall claims of having high average salaries but most of us know the true picture. But there are many who get lured by such misleading facts and fall prey to such false claims....

Re: Reporting standards for b school placements 5 years, 6 months ago #389

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
Why require independent body. Ask different b schools to audit the placements of other b schools. For example XLRI auditing placements of FMS, FMS auditing IIFT etc. There can be some guidelines and standards set which should be followed by all auditing b schools. So tier 1 b schools can audit other tier 1 bschools and so on. This can bring lot of transparency...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds