Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Diesel and Petrol Prices

Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #360

Is it justified to subsidize diesel and petrol prices for all. I understand the need to subsidize it for transportation & industrial purpose but I think it should not be subsidized for luxury cars and fuel guzzling SUVs. In India diesel is cheaper compared to petrol and subsidy on these is enjoyed by all the people. There should be mechanism devised in such a way that these subsidies reach the needy and not the people who actually dont require them. So guys, what do you think are the ways in which we can implement it...

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #361

• jatin07
  • Fresher
i personally think there should be different prices of petrol and diesel for different class of people.Means if one is from middle class then he has to pay less amount for one liter of petrol compared to a upper class fellow.And the logic is quite similar as tax system.One who is earning more will be the person who is paying more.

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #362

• Bilal
  • Fresher
But the problem is what is solution? I think for middle class mostly people are employee in government sector or private job Gov should provide subsidize card to those middle class people through their organization.
Deisle prices are low compare to Petrol because transport depend on Deisel so that's why deisel price low as compare to low.

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #364

I think it should be subsidized for two wheelers. There should not be any subsidy for private four wheelers....because they are luxury... there should not be any subsidy for luxury things.....

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #367

• Kartik
  • Senior
can UID be any helpful in this case...

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 7 months ago #374

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
UID can be useful. UID will have all the background relating to income levels etc. So based on the income level petrol can be charged....

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 6 months ago #379

I am not sure how helpful UID will be but the idea to charge four wheelers more seems genuine. Two wheelers, taxis, public transport buses, trucks, only these type of vehicles should have subsidy. They are easy to identfy also. So no need of UID...

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 6 months ago #380

Yeah definitely the subsidy for Diesel and Petrol prices should not be given to everyone.
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by Chandan Kumar Jilukara.

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 6 months ago #382

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
how do we define Luxury for matter of fact ?

do you say ? a scooter is non luxury and a car is luxury
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: Diesel and Petrol Prices 5 years, 6 months ago #383

how can you even club 2 wheelers & 4 wheelers?
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by Chandan Kumar Jilukara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarunkool
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds