Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Subsidy on Diesel Prices

Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #722

Is it right to use subsidy on diesel for non commercial vehicles. In many of the countries, the diesel prices are much more than petrol prices...

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #725

• poojad
  • Expert
right now subsidy on diesel is misused by the people. Sale of diesel cars are increasing day by day just because diesel is cheaper than petrol. Government should put in such measures such that subsidy reaches the right people not the fuel guzzling SUVs

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #729

• Kartik
  • Senior
government should inhibit the sale of diesel car by levying more taxes and duty. This may bring down the number of diesel cars on road..

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #736

The solution should be to introduce differential pricing for diesel depending on the type of vehicle you own.

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #750

• mansin
  • Expert
i completely agree, in fact more and more people are buying diesel car only because diesel cars are cheaper as compared to petrol cars....this should be restricted by putting extra taxes and duties

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #753

• Kartik
  • Senior
The government provides a subsidy of Rs 6.08 per litre for diesel, which contributes to a fuel subsidy bill of Rs 1,22,000 crore for the year ending March 2012. Is it justified that tax payers money is being used to subsidize diesel for privately owned cars...

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 5 years ago #756

Out of the total consumption of diesel in our country around 15% is used by cars, that means around 18000 crores are being given away in subsidizing fuel for cars which is not required. Instead these funds could be used for welfare of poor people.

Re: Subsidy on Diesel Prices 4 years, 11 months ago #801

as per the media reports, only 0.6% of the total diesel consumption is due to cars which I think is low to warrant any change in policy towards diesel subsidy....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds