Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

is double MBA the future trend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: is double MBA the future trend?

is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 10 months ago #1503

recently heard abt ppl doing double MBA, one india, other abroad! is it just to diffrentiate or will it really add value? i dont think so

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 10 months ago #1504

double MBA is generally trend seen among Indian students. In India, people generally complete their management education without any work experience behind them. Around more 50% of the students in good b schools in India are freshers. As part of their management education they learn the concepts but they find it harder to visualize them as they have not seen the real world.

The second MBA gives them chance to apply their learnings better. So I would not say its a trend but a definite value addition..

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 9 months ago #1521

People generally go for second MBA from ivy league schools...

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 9 months ago #1522

• admin
  • Fresher
Nice Topic

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 9 months ago #1525

Desperate time calls for desperate measures. If one MBA isn't giving you a job, that doesn't mean that another MBA will. Don't go rushing into another MBA. It won't solve your problem. You're probably not getting a job due to a lack of work experience.

However, if you're not accepting a job due to lack of the money you want, then you will be stuck in a rut even if you do 2 or 100 MBAs. I'd suggest people start doing a job or even start your own business to get ahead in life. Just studying will not help but applying what you've studied will.

I did my MBA from Welingkar. It helped me with a lot of exposure plus I got a good placement due to which I could start on my business idea. I'd suggest that you look out for colleges that encourage you to be entrepreneur or a smart manager rather than opt for a second MBA.

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 3 years, 9 months ago #1541

i agree with chanchal to an extent

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 1 year, 6 months ago #3887

• vishalkh
  • Fresher
It has been almost two years since I have graduated and I am currently working with a marketing firm. I have seen my classmates doing an mba immediately after graduating but they are now having difficulties getting placed. Is an MBA course a thing of the past? Does it not hold value anymore? I was hoping to work for a bit and then move on to pursue my MBA but now I am a little apprehensive. Can someone shed any light on this situation?

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 1 year, 6 months ago #3888

• tanveers
  • Fresher
You have answered your own question. Generally good MBA institutes require you to have some work experience. This is because they will be able to understand and implement the theories and learning’s of an MBA course better than a student with no industry knowledge. Also an MBA course is designed for a more mature bunch of students who fall in the age bracket of 24 – 30. If you go to see every second person in India wants to do an MBA but only few do it from a good college. So I wouldn’t say that an MBA has lost its value but from where you do your MBA from adds value.

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 1 year, 6 months ago #3889

• ajuni
  • Fresher
However the flipside to people who work after they graduate and hope to do an MBA after gaining some experience (such as you) tend to get so carried away with their work that they push back their studies as the rate in which they are growing in the company is very fast. So my only advice to you would be that don’t get so involved with your work that you postpone your studies. An MBA is a highly acclaimed degree provided you do it from a reputed university.

Re: is double MBA the future trend? 1 year, 6 months ago #3890

• anujk
  • Fresher
I disagree. MBA has indeed lost its essence post the recession of 2008 which has caused many businesses have reduced the number of employees, leading to a shortage of jobs that the MBA graduates covet. Also an on field experience is more valued than a piece of paper. I think that is why people who ‘hope’ to do an MBA after working for a couple of years don’t pursue it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds