I am doing MBA (Distance Learning) and i seek you guidance as to in which specialization i should go in MBA like finance, operations, international business, marketing etc. based on my current job profile :-
Below is my current profile :-
• Oversee end to end order management process and execute critical activities related to transacting customer purchase orders
• Assure customer Purchase Orders (PO's) are reviewed, confirmed and abide by contractual agreements set forth by the company. This includes the reviewing of pricing agreements, customer request dates, delivery schedules, shipping terms, ship to locations, and logistic compliance.
• Work with sales operations, regional sales managers, and finance to resolve issues.
• Manage ATP (Available to Promise) process to ensure proper alignment of supply/demand in meeting customer scheduled ship dates.
• Work closely with order fulfillment in managing changes to open backlog, scheduled ship dates, credit holds, and ensure bookings stay within DC capacity limits.
• Manage and oversee all aspects of order entry, scheduling, and order acknowledgement all while maintaining adherence to the company's process and procedures.
• Work with sales account managers and customers to address order issues, reschedules, PO line item changes, and urgent requests.
• Adhere to contractual obligations with specific customers where appropriate.
• Organize and communicate customer PO's, order acknowledgements, and shipping notifications.
• Maintain customer profiles and contact shipment information in the Oracle ERP system.
• Manage accounts' routing guide and stay up to date on new requirements regarding product related issues and shipping rules. This will require consistent follow up.
• Work closely with finance to resolve any invoice related issues.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing additional related activities as required.
• Solve ERP related errors ensuring most up to date capabilities are maintained.
Responsible for sending Quotations to customers as per the requirement.
Processing Customer’s PO in ERP and arrange the material accordingly
Responsible for co-ordination with Material Department in India & Overseas office for Material
Arrangement and related Issues
Responsible for Inventory planning and control
Ensure Timely Delivery of Material and customs clearance by coordinating with Transporter
Handling LC Documents for Overseas Clients.
Responsible for Inspection of Materials for BHEL, TRIVENI etc.
Taking care of Commercial issue like Different Taxes (CVD, CST etc.)
Handling big clients (OEM) like BHEL, TRIVENI, CUMMINS, ASHOK LEYLAND & SIEMEMS.
Responsible for Accounts Receivables and C/D1-Forms
Responsible for continuous development within department by KAIZEN activities.
Hi Deepak, from your experience I can see that you have very good exposure to operations and supply chain. I would recommend to go for MBA in operations or marketing. MBA in operations would further strenghten your experience and if you want to move towards sales profile then marketing option would help.
I guess by commercial aspects you meant handling accounts, their POs, including taxes etc. According to your work profile MBA operation would be a perfect fit. In MBA you also have subjects relating to finance, marketing and HR, just that in your second year you will have more of operations related subjects. So I think u should go for mba operations
specialization should always be chosen on the basis of your interest in the particular field.
it automatically brings the keen interest to know more about it.
there are various specialization like MBA in project management, construction management, mass communication, PR, digital marketing.
think about it and choose it according to your interest.
Even I was also confused while selecting specialization in MBA. now I have decided to opt for international executive MBA in supply chain management. Looking for good b-school that provides the same with excellent faculty.