In the 21st century business climate a new leadership style is emerging, with skills being uniquely tailored for success in today's environment. A successful business leader today needs to be decisive, insightful and must constantly challenge the company conventions to keep ideas flowing. The Sheffield MBA, taught at Sheffield University Management School, has been designed around the core themes of Consultancy, Leadership and Entrepreneurship, ensuring that the delegates have the ability to analyse, innovate and implement change. Graduates of the programme are prepared in such a manner that they can exceed any employer’s expectations.
Sheffield University Management School is among the top one per cent business schools of the world with the prestigious Triple Crown accreditation (AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB), a status that has been achieved by only 58 schools worldwide. Owing to its advantages of research intensive and world-leading expert academic staff, MBA delegates can extract the benefit from cutting-edge knowledge and highly-regarded research excellence.
The one-year Sheffield MBA programme has been split into three semesters wherein the first semester focuses on knowledge based on Management Consultancy, Managerial Economics, Accounting and Financial Management, Managing Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Enterprise Information Systems and Essentials of Marketing Practice. During the second semester, the students will have the opportunity to tailor the programme to suit their strengths and interests by selecting their own set of modules. This would be followed by either a client project or an academic dissertation in the final semester.
Besides providing a theoretical academic framework to structure the knowledge and learning, the MBA programme places a strong focus on hands-on, applied experience. The Management School’s special External Relations Team and a dedicated Employability Hub ensure further support and guide the students towards an extraordinary career. Owing to its globally renowned research, the MBA delegates are given the opportunity to interact with businesses, allowing them to grow and develop as future managers and leaders. The annual fee for the programme is £ 19,760.
The programme will have intakes in September 2014 and although there is no official deadline, early application is recommended. For further information on the programme, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk/management/study/mba. For queries regarding the course, one can contact Amy Lax, MBA Admissions Officer:
About The University of Sheffield:
• With almost 25,000 of the brightest students from around 120 countries, learning alongside over 1,200 of the best academics from across the globe, the University of Sheffield is one of the world’s leading universities.
• A member of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group of leading research-led institutions, Sheffield offers world-class teaching and research excellence across a wide range of disciplines.
• Unified by the power of discovery and understanding, staff and students at the university are committed to finding new ways to transform the world we live in.
• In 2011 it was named University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards and in the last decade has won four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes in recognition of the outstanding contribution to the United Kingdom’s intellectual, economic, cultural and social life.
• Sheffield has five Nobel Prize winners among former staff and students and its alumni go on to hold positions of great responsibility and influence all over the world, making significant contributions in their chosen fields.
• Global research partners and clients include Boeing, Rolls-Royce, Unilever, AstraZeneca, Glaxo SmithKline and Siemens, as well as many UK and overseas government agencies and charitable foundations.